Tuesday, March 5, 2013

RESULTS

My doctor's office called today with the results!!! FINALLY!!!! So, we had 6 embryo's that were tested and the results are... 2 of them had no DNA, meaning they wouldn't have developed into a baby; 2 of them had major abnormalities, so if I would have become pregnant, they would have ended up in miscarriage. And the final 2 are healthy!!! They are both carriers of Cystic Fibrosis, one has the CF gene that I carry and the other one has the CF gene that Chet carries. So, all we have to do is decide which embryo gets implanted. I start more medication on the 12th of March and have an appointment on the 25th of March and if that appointment goes well, then we implant on April 1st. I can't tell you how happy I am to finally know what is going on and to finally have a plan and a date set!! We feel very blessed and I'm so excited and happy. Thank you for all of you support through this very long journey!! Wish us luck deciding between Embryo 1 and Embryo 4 :)

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS I am so happy and excited for you both and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome Erika! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so exciting!! I know the feeling all too well to just want answers and a plan- hoping for the best for you, thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete