Monday, April 22, 2013

Dayson Update - in the hospital :(

Dayson had his normal CF doctor visit today that he has every three months. I told Chet a few days ago how worried I was about him because I noticed him breathing fast and shallow and he still had a yucky cough, and his appetite was not what it normally is. So, I told Chet that we both needed to be at this appointment - it's hard on us because they are usually 3 hours long. Sure enough, his lung function dropped - there are two numbers and I don't understand them but in January they were both about 100 and today one was a 50 and the other was a 40. Not good. He also lost 4 pounds since his last visit in January, also, not good. So the plan is to be in the hospital for 10-14 days doing IV antibiotics and 4 treatments a day and eating as many calories as possible. I've been so afraid of the hospital, but today I felt like it was a must and had to happen so that he can get back to feeling good and get his energy back. We were at the doctor appointment until 5 and came home to get his stuff packed and to feed him dinner and then Chet and his brother Bevin gave him a blessing and then Chet took him up to UMC tonight so that they can start the PICC line first thing in the morning. My parents came into town to watch Layla and Bree, so I will be able to spend every day with Dayson. Chet is staying with him tonight and then I'll stay with him tomorrow night and so on and so forth. This is a new experience for us, but it is necessary and I feel like it is the best thing for him. I'm exhausted. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erika. I am just so sorry. You guys are such a sweet family. We will pray for Dayson and his parents. Hang in there. Everything will be ok. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete