Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dayson & InVitro

I didn't realize how long it's actually been since I last posted! Dayson was in the hospital for 2 weeks. That was a long and hard 2 weeks, but he was slowly getting better every day. He has been out of the hospital for 4 months now, and he's doing great. He doesn't have a cough, he has a great appetite and plenty of energy. He had a fun summer and is now playing flag football. He's in 2nd grade this year and is still trying to learn to like school. His older sister, Kambria, is in 4th grade and is playing soccer. His younger sister Layla is 2 1/2 and entertains the whole family all day, every day. 

IVF - Well, last time I had a really hard time on all of the meds and hormones and it really put a toll on our marriage. It didn't help that in the middle of it we were remodeling our house and dealing with a sick son. So it took us a while to prepare for this round 2. Chet and I were referred to a fantastic marriage counselor who doesn't live in Arizona, so we skype with her. It's been so amazing. Chet and I are closer than we've ever been and I am so grateful for this counselor and for Chet. We both had to do a lot of soul searching and changing for the better and I am so grateful for our relationship. Sometimes marriage isn't easy but we've found out that it's a whole lot easier if both spouses are trying. I'm so grateful for our 3 amazing kids and the marriage that we have now.  I have officially started the meds and we have the embryo implant scheduled for September 30th. I am fully leaning on my relationship with my Savior to get me through this, I pray every day that this time we will have a baby at the end of this. I'm so grateful for our Savior's unconditional love for me. I know that he loves me, in spite of my many faults.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Erika. Thank you for letting me know you posted. You and Chet are both so amazing. Your children are lucky to have you. September 30th is Elijah's 1st birthday and my Dad's birthday....I'm feeling like it will be your special day. I will say my prayers for you. Good luck and hang in there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linds! I love that sweet baby of yours and I love your dad too, how blessed I am to get to share their special day. Thanks for the love and prayers. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete