Sunday, July 27, 2014

Paisley Jane

This beautiful miracle was born on June 11, 2014 at 9:09 pm and weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is the sweetest baby and we are all so in love with her. When I was only 6 weeks pregnant with her I started bleeding and I thought I was miscarrying. I cried and couldn't stop crying for about 3 hours. I called my IVF doctor and the nurse said not to worry and that I could go in for an ultrasound the next day. I of course went to Google that night to see if there was another reason I was bleeding and I found some people that had done IVF had bled because of a blood clot and their baby was fine. That gave me hope, so I was able to get some sleep that night. The next day at the ultrasound I was able to see her heartbeat, and I couldn't stop crying tears of joy. The information I had found on blood clots was exactly what I had. I just wish the doctor would have warned me that that happened sometimes. He said to take it easy for the next few days, and that everything would be fine. Everything obviously was fine, but I was so worried the next few weeks, but my regular OB was so sweet and would do an ultrasound at almost every visit to ease my mind. And then at about 18 weeks I was able to feel her move, and from that point on I was fine. Emotionally fine that is. Physically this was the hardest pregnancy I've had. At 36 weeks I found out she was breech, and I honestly think that's why I was so uncomfortable. But at 37 weeks they were able to turn her via an external version and after that it was a hundred times more comfortable and I felt like I could breathe again. Then the last week and a half it got really hot and I was constantly sweaty and cranky, my poor family. But we finally made it to June 11th and after a very long day she came out with a full head of dark hair and I was questioning if they had put the right embryo in (haha!). She was so alert and beautiful, we instantly fell in love with her. For the next couple of weeks, I would cry every day because I was so grateful that she was in our family and healthy. Prayers of gratitude were sent up every hour almost. I couldn't believe after the long road of IVF that she was finally here and so sweet and beautiful. I love the peace and love that a newborn brings to the home. I was really worried about how Layla would do with the new baby in the house but she has done amazingly well. Everyone has adjusted to her being here and I feel so grateful for that. Our little family is complete now and I couldn't be happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment